- Exclusive Small Wave Starts – Participants of SIOW will be flagged off separately from other public participants
- Double awards – SIOW participants are eligible to win both SIOW Triathlon awards (Team Category, Individual Category, Corporate Challenge) and Metasprint awards
- Festival – The pretty park, vendor booths at the festival area, vibrant atmosphere, races for all ages, and spectator friendly course makes the Triathlon a party for both the athletes and spectators.
- Exclusive SIOW Tent – Gather and recharge in our tent reserved exclusively for SIOW participants.
- Goodie bag and Finisher’s medal – Complete the course and receive a Metasprint goodie bag and Finisher’s medal.
- 16% discount – Use the promo code MSSSIOW16 to register and enjoy a 16% discount when you sign up for the race event.
Date: Sunday, 23 April 2017
Time: 8:00am to 12:00 noon
Location: East Coast Beach
Visit the Metasprint website for more details.
|Distance||Swim (Purple)||Bike (Red)||Run (Green)|
|Team Relay Category||750 m||18 km||5 km|
|Team Relay Challenge||Individual Challenge|
All participants will receive a custom SIOW Triathlon participant medal at the Singapore iron ore tent after completing the race.
- Triathlon Individual Winner – Mr. Andrew Glass, Avatar Commodities
- Duathlon Individual Winner – Mr. Nobuaki Hatta, Mitsubishi RTM
- Team Relay – Mr William Chin and Mr. Low Jianhao, SGX
Winners for the individual and relay challenges will be announced here after the event. Award winners will receive their awards at the Singapore Iron Ore Week Gala Dinner:
Date: Thursday, 27 April 2017
Time: 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm
Location: Marina Bay Sands Grand Ballroom
Date: Monday, 24 April 2017
Time: 1:00 pm – 5.00 pm
Venue: Kovan Sports Centre
Address: 60 Hougang Street 21, Singapore 538738 (Map)
Date: Tuesday, 25 April 2017
Time: 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Venue: OCBC Arena
Address: 5 Stadium Drive, 397631 (Map)
Time: 6:00 pm
Venue: SGX Auditorium, 2 Shenton Way, #02-02 SGX Centre 1, Singapore 068804 (Map)
UOB Kay Hian “Voice of Iron Ore” Contest
Rules of Participation
How to apply
- All music lovers who work in the steel/iron ore-related industries are eligible to apply.
- Interested applicant can download the registration form here and email the completed form to VoiceofIronOre@ironoreweek.sg. Closing date is 10 March 2017.
- All applicants must provide the following submissions:
(i) a recording of their contesting song; (ii) 5 individual photos; (iii) 1.5 minutes’ extract from the recording of their contesting song.
- Participants who do not provide (ii) and (iii) will not be eligible for the Most Popular Singer contest.
- All recordings must be in any of the following formats: .MP3, .WAV, .WMA.
- File size of each photo must to be more than 1mb and in .JPG format.
Rules & Structure
This contest will comprise 3 segments in 2 stages:
Stage 1A: Qualifying Stage
a. 7 to 9 judges made up of music lovers and sponsors will be established.
b. Before the voting ends at 11:59pm on 10 April 2017, judges will judge the full recording provided by the contestants (i).
c. The top 8 contestants of this round will be eligible to participate in the Finals. If the contestants are unable to attend the finals, the positions will be filled by subsequent contestants.
d. Contestants will bear their own travel and accommodation expenses to attend stage 2 Final.
Stage 1B: Most Popular Singer
a. Submission items (ii) and (iii) will be uploaded onto UOB Kay Hian Voice of Iron Ore’s event WeChat channel on 15 March 2017.
b. Once details are published on WeChat, fans & friends may start voting for their favourite singer. Each WeChat account is given one vote. Voting will end at 11:59pm on 10 April 2017.
c. Contestant with the highest number of votes will be awarded ‘The Most Popular Singer Award’ and invited to attend the 5th Singapore Iron Ore Week activities for free (excluding transportation and accommodation). He / She will also be invited to sing and receive their awards at the Singapore Iron Ore Forum Gala Dinner on 27 April 2017.
d. Top 2 contestants with the highest number of votes during the general audition stage will be invited to participate in the Final Round in Singapore during the Singapore Iron Ore Week. If the singers are unable to attend the finals, the positions will be filled by subsequent contestants.
e. Contestants will bear their own travel and accommodation expenses to attend stage 2 Final.
Stage 2: Finals
a. 10 contestants (8 from the Qualifying Stage and 2 from the Most Popular Singer Contest) will compete in the Finals.
b. Contestants are entitled to choose a different song for the Finals.
c. Outcome of the contests will be determined by the live audiences’ votes.
d. Award categories:
- Best Singers (Champion, 1st Runner-up, 2nd Runner-up)
- Most Creative Contestant (1 winner)
- Best Performer (1 winner)
- Best Costume (1 winner)
e. The Best Singers (3 winners) will be invited to attend the Singapore Iron Ore Forum Gala Dinner on 27 April 2017. The singers will perform their winning piece and receive their awards at the Gala Dinner.
The SIOW organising committee welcomes sponsorship from companies within the iron ore and steel industry. For more details, please visit http://www.ironoreweek.sg/sponsorship-guide/