Date: Wednesday, 26 April 2017
Time: 6.30pm – 9.30pm
Venue: Singapore Chinese Cultural Centre, 1 Straits Boulevard, Singapore 018906 (Map)
2016 has been an exciting year for SGX Commodities as we reached a number of important developmental milestones:
- Iron ore derivatives volume exceeded the physical market for the first time with 1.7 billion tonnes traded, up 58% y-o-y. With growing interest in options, SGX also started publishing weekly options report to highlight key market statistics. Click here for the latest reports: EN, CN
- Coking coal industry reached an inflection point as momentum continues towards market-based spot and index-linked pricing, with majority of participants questioning the relevance of quarterly price fixings. Derivative volumes and open interest have taken off with consecutive monthly record highs since Nov-16.
- Freight derivatives volume almost doubled y-o-y to reach a record 553,921 contracts. SGX also completed its acquisition of the Baltic Exchange in Nov 2016, setting the stage for deeper collaboration with the freight and bulk cargo community going forward (find out more at the SGX-Baltic Freight Seminar on 26 April, 10.30am-4pm)
- A record 1.5million tonnes of petrochemical derivatives were cleared on SGX in 2016. Since SGX launched this suite of products in January 2015, there are now over 80 participants in this market and new volume records are being achieved every month.
We would like to dedicate the SGX Commodities Awards Night to all Clearing Members and Inter-Dealer Brokers (IDBs) for their continued support. Congratulations to the award winners!
SGX Commodities Awards 2016
(based on 2016 volumes)
Top Commodities GCMs*
Top Iron Ore Swaps/Futures IDBs
Top Iron Ore Options IDBs
Top Iron Ore IDBs (Overall)
Top Iron Ore Lump Premium IDB
*in alphabetical order
Top FFA Swaps/Futures IDBs
Top FFA Options IDBs
Top FFA IDBs (Overall)
Top Petrochemical IDBs
Top Coking Coal IDBs
The following award categories will be presented at the SGX Commodities Awards Night on 26 April 2017 during the Singapore Iron Ore Week:
- Top Commodities GCMs
- Top Iron Ore Swaps/Futures IDBs
- Top Iron Ore Options IDBs
- Top Iron Ore Lump Premium IDB
- Top FFA Swaps/Futures IDBs
- Top FFA Options IDBs
- Top Petrochemical IDB
- Top Coking Coal IDB
The Exchange would like to thank all our customers and members for their support and participation in our markets. A review on SGX Commodities for the year 2016 can be found at Commodities – Road to Recovery, or False Dawn.